Today we want to explain in a simple way how to see HBO using the app Kodi 18 Leia media player. With this method we can use HBO in our KODI environment either using an Android TV-Box, tablet, smartphone or in mini PCs like the ones we analyze on our website. This method is interesting in devices with problems to use the official app such as the Amazon Fire TV Stick or devices with Android versions 6 or earlier since the official HBO app requires Android 7 or higher and only goes with Google Services installed.
Table of Contents
USAGE AND LIMITATIONS OF HBO IN KODI
We have several options to use the HBO add-on in KODI, in any case it is a good alternative if we have problems with the official app and the Android version in which we run KODI.
- It only works with KODI 18 o superior, the previous versions are not valid.
- It is possible to watch HBO in FullHD quality on any TV-Box regardless of the level of DRM certificates you have installed.
This add-on does not have official HBO support and the versions we download are developed by users who use the KODI 18 environment to redirect streaming, therefore the results may vary depending on multiple factors.
- The stability of the system is not assured.
- Subtitles and audio tracks can give problems.
- Navigation through the contents is more complex than in the official app.
- Compatible countries:
Spain [HBO Spain] Bosnia and Herzegovina [HBO GO EU] Bulgaria [HBO GO EU] Croatia [HBO GO EU] Czech Republic [HBO GO EU] Hungary [HBO GO EU] Macedonia [HBO GO EU] Montenegro [HBO GO EU] Polonia [HBO GO EU] Portugal [HBO GO EU] Romania [HBO GO EU] Serbia [HBO GO EU] Slovakia [HBO GO EU] Slovenija [HBO GO EU] Norway [HBO Nordic] Denmark [HBO Nordic] Sweden [HBO Nordic] Finland [HBO Nordic]
INSTALL ADD-ON HBO ON KODI
HBO add-on for KODI available
We have an HBO add-on project available for KODI, as we always recommend to thank the developer for their work and support if they have any means to do so.
Install HBO add-on
The process is very simple, we just have to install the repository in the conventional way and the necessary dependencies.
- Download the arvvoid repository that will keep the add-on updated.
- We copy the repository in ZIP format to a USB stick.
- We go to Settings> Addons> Install from Zip (we activate unknown sources if necessary).
- We look for the ZIP of the repository in our USB and install.
- Go to Settings> Addons> Install from repository> Kodi ArvVoid> Video> HBO> Install latest version> OK Dependencies
- If you need more details follow our guide to Install Add-ons on KODI from a ZIP.
- Run Add-ons> HBO> Enter our account details.
CONFIGURE HBO ADD-ON IN KODI
Once we have installed the add-on and it runs until we have access to our user account we can adjust several parameters, for now we have few options and it works well with the ones that come by default.
- Various audio settings and subtitles by default.
- Advanced DRM options.
OTHER RELATED ARTICLES
- Install the Netflix add-on in KODI
- Guide to Netflix 4K in Android
- Guide to Netflix in PC Windows or Linux
- Guide to Amazon Prime Video in HD
- Change the size of the captions and the mouse pointer on Android
- LibreELEC a quick installation guide for the TV-Boxes with Android
- Guide to install Netflix app on non-compatible devices