Beelink U59 Pro is the latest mini PC from Beelink, today we present its analysis or review. This small computer can be used for desktop applications and 4K multimedia.
In this compact computer offers the Intel Celeron N5105 processor manufactured in 10 nm, a hardware that improves the previous generation of 14 nm. In this small box we find we have two SODIMMs totaling 16 GB of DDR4 RAM, a M.2 SATA 512 GB SATA drive and multiple connection ports with dual video output and VESA support. The operating system installed is Windows 11 but we can also install Linux distributions.
Let’s see how this device performs in our review and how it fares against its competitors.
Table of Contents
Unboxing Beelink U59 Pro
This compact mini PC Beelink U59 Pro comes in a fairly simple but well protected cardboard box. Inside we find the small protected computer with its contents, manual, 2x HDMI cable, VESA bracket and charger 12V 3A (36 W).
The new Beelink U59 Pro offers an identical design to the one we saw in the recent Beelink Mini S. On the front we have a status LED integrating the power button, internal BIOS reset button, audio jack in / out and two USB 3.0 Type-A ports. In the rear area we find two USB 3.0 Type-A ports, 2x HDMI 2.0, Gigabit Ethernet, Kengsinton lock and for power supply we have a round DC port.
Integrated on the board of this mini PC we find the M.2 2230 Wifi ac + BT 4.2 adapter (Intel AC 3165) with two internal antennas, we also have installed a 256GB M.2 2280 SATA disk and for RAM we have two SODIMM DDR4 slots up to 2666 MHz.
- RAM: 8/16 GB DDR4 2666MHz max / 1x SODIMM.
- Storage: 256/512 GB 1x M.2 2280 SATA / 1x SATA 3 2.5″.
- Network: Wifi ac + BT 4.2 (M.2 2230 Intel AC 3165) / 1x Gigabit Ethernet (Realtek)
System and performance
Environment and user experience
We start up the PC Beelink U59 Pro pressing the front power button, as the specifications indicate we have Windows 11 Pro 64bit that is activated when connected to the internet, we have drivers installed correctly and we can work without problems. The system moves fast in a basic desktop use, it is possible to load a good number of tabs navigation without slowdowns. A PC totally valid for a office work, multimedia and that we can easily expand with more disk or RAM.
- OS Version installed: Windows 11 Pro 64bit installed / Linux optional.
- Software pre-installed: None.
- Tutorials: Control the micro PC with your Smartphone / Install Windows 11 / Migrate Windows to SSD
Networks, Storage, RAM and Ports
In the PC connectivity features the Beelink U59 Pro PC has a Wifi aC + BT 5.0 wireless adapter (Intel AC 3165) and a Gigabit Ethernet port (Realtek). The results in speed are quite good and we have a correct range.
- Network performance: Two internal Wifi antennas / Range 39 dBm / Link 5G 780 Mbps / Bluetooth OK.
We tested the storage speed of the M.2 SATA disk installed by default and observed that it behaves normally. For the performance tests we have one SODIMM with 16 GB of RAM DDR4 2666 MHz with Dual Channel configuration.
- USB ports: 3x USB 3.0 / 1x USB-C / 1x USB 2.0
- Micro PC tutorials: Install Windows 11 / Migrate Windows to a SSD / Tutorial SAMBA on Android networks
Processor, performance and thermal
According to its features the Beelink U59 Pro has the Intel Celeron N5105 processor manufactured in 10 nm with four cores and four threads that moves between 2 and 2.9 GHz. In the graphics section we have an Intel UHD Graphics GPU with 24 EU that reaches up to 800 MHz limited for multimedia and light gaming use. This chip has a stepped consumption of only 10 W TDP maximum and improves the data of the previous generation. This computer is suitable for browsing, multimedia playback with KODI, office use, editing applications, loading games or for digital signage or industrial use.
- If you want to know some models in this comparative you can read their detailed reviews on this link.
We perform a series of performance tests with the Beelink U59 Pro, the performance is in line with these Celeron processors manufactured in 10 nm, it is not a revolution but a positive step. The GPU installed Intel UHD Graphics as we can see is limited, although it is a significant improvement over the previous 14nm version.
This mini PC offers good thermal performance, the system keeps the temperatures controlled with its variable RPM fan and emits very little noise, at rest it is almost inaudible and in games it is audible but does not raise much more noise. This processor with its 10 nm is efficient and should not worry us in this aspect.
- Power consumption: Off 0.9W / Idle 8W / Basic use 11W / Maximum 23W.
- Thermal: Idle 40ºC / Basic use 42ºC / Maximum 68ºC / CPU 2.8 GHz max / Performance up to 100%.
- Gaming performance: LoL 69ºC / CPU 2.4 GHz on average.
- Noise: 36 dBA Max / Variable RPM / NO Semi-passive.
In our review we perform performance tests with games in the Beelink U59 Pro, the results are in line with this type of GPU integrated into the Ryzen, the Intel UHD Graphics GPU is suitable for games in 1080p or 720p quality depending on the 3D load, it is not suitable for heavy AAA games with a lot of 3D element. As for emulators at most we are left with some simple Wii titles and the like, we can’t handle demanding 3D games.
- Setting: High quality / 1080p resolution / No VSync / Play emulators with RetoArch.
* On models with integrated Intel HD GPU on low and 720p resolution.
It is possible to run titles like LoL with an acceptable frame rate, in more demanding games like Fornite with the graphics settings in performance mode is not very playable, as for Diablo immortal we stay at 20/27fps. If we are mainly interested in the Gaming section it is better to go for a PC with a dedicated GPU and we will have a much smoother experience.
Video and audio tests
In the video playback section, the PC Beelink U59 Pro has an integrated Intel UHD Graphics GPU which features a VPU with hardware support for HEVC and VP9 codecs and we do not have support for the modern AV1 video codec. In this processor has support for 10bit color and native HDR support by default. This PC is perfectly valid as a multimedia system to use KODI, IPTV or to use it with PLEX.
- Video outputs: 2x HDMI 2.0 / HDR / Adjust image quality in our TV.
- Audio outputs: HDMI up to 7.1 / Stereo audio jack.
- Tutorials: 4K videos with HEVC, VP9 / Install KODI with add-ons / Auto refresh rate / Multichannel audio on Windows
|h.264 / 1080i / 8bit||OK|
|h.264 / 1080p / 4K / 8bit||OK (SW)|
|h.264 / 1080p / 10bit (anime)||OK|
|h.265 / 1080p / 8bit||OK|
|h.265 / 1080p / 10bit (anime)||OK|
|h.265 / 4K / 8bit||OK|
|h.265 / 4K / 10bit HDR||OK|
|VP9 P1 / 4K / 8bit||OK|
|VP9 P2 / 4K / 10bit HDR||OK|
|VP9 P2 / 8K / 10bit HDR||Frameskip (SW)|
|AV1 / 4K@24fps / 10bit||Frameskip (SW)|
|Max. Bitrate||100 Mbps = 12,5 MB/s|
- * The maximum bit rate depends on the internal storage, usb port, Ethernet adapter or the limitations with our SAMBA Network.
- SW = does not have hardware acceleration and may have some frameskip in very heavy files.
|Native||Dolby 5.1 – Plus / DTS 5.1 – Master Audio|
|Core||Dolby HD – Atmos / DTS HR – X|
- Native – Supports the format directly in our AV receiver or similar / More info.
- Core – Only the 5.1 core of the format is played so we go to the Dolby or DTS base system / More info.
- PCM – Only stereo downmixing from DD or DTS.
We test the Beelink U59 Pro micro PC with the most popular streaming services we pass some test for Youtube, Netflix, HBO Max, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video and others with their native apps or using the most compatible browser. You can consult our guides where we explain in detail all the best known streaming services, how to configure them and what requirements are necessary to see content in FullHD or 4K quality.
- Performance: Has hardware acceleration for VP9 4K codec on Youtube.
- Tutorial: Install Addons in KODI in a simple way / LibreELEC for PC
|Streaming service||Video / Audio|
|Youtube||4K (2160p) / 5.1|
|Netflix||4K (2160p) / 5.1 / Netflix guide for PC|
|HBO Max||FullHD (1080p) / Estéreo / HBO Max guide for PC|
|Disney+||FullHD (1080p) / 5.1 / Disney+ guide for PC|
|Prime Video||FullHD (1080p) / 5.1 / Prime Video guide for PC|
|Apple TV+||4K (2060p) / 5.1 / Apple TV+ Guide|
|DAZN||HD (720p) / Stereo|
|IPTV||FullHD (1080i) / Stereo|
Conclusions and purchase links
After testing the new Beelink U59 Pro we have found that we are facing a mini PC with good performance, and is that the Intel Celeron N5105 manufactured in 10 nm has a minimum consumption in any situation. This small PC gives us power for desktop use, in the back we have two HDMI 2.0 video outputs up to 4K@60fps and two Gigabit Ethernet port to transfer large files. It is possible to mount its small box anywhere on our desktop in a totally discreet way or install it on its VESA bracket behind a monitor.
The Beelink U59 Pro comes with M.2 2280 SATA SSD storage, internally we can mount a SATA 3 2.5″ disk and for memory we have two SODIMM slots that allow us to expand up to 32 GB RAM. It is possible to use Windows 11 properly for browsing or consuming multimedia content. This hardware is quietly cooled, with no performance losses due to overheating. The internal blower fan is silent in normal use, during games it is a little audible but it does not bother much.
Once tested the Beelink U59 Pro is a new quiet and efficient mini PC. This compact computer is sufficient for browsing, consuming multimedia up to 4K or using simple office applications.
Where to buy Beelink U59 Pro