The Jetstream 4K comes in a standard cardboard box with the logo of the device, inside we found the TV-Box, the IR remote control, HDMI cable 4K60fps compatible, Manual and a classic DC 5V 2A adapter.
The Jetstream 4K box is made of plastic and has a fairly simple design, on the front we have a blue status LED and also a hidden IR receiver. On the sides and in the back area we have all the connectors in a classic configuration, the Bluetooth remote control has specific keys for YouTube, Netflix, Google Play and button to activate the microphone and give orders to Google Assistant. Between the two USB ports we have the update button in case of disaster, but it is updated only via OTA.
- Remote Control: Included a Bluetooth remote / Microphone integrated / We can choose other alternatives.
- Alternate control: Using Google Android TV Remote app from our mobile we can control it remotely.
SYSTEM AND PERFORMANCE
Environment and Android system
We turn on the Jetstream 4K, boots automatically and we get to the default Android TV 9 launcher based on squares where we can customize the top row, in this model if we can use the mouse pointer on the main screen something not very common in Android TV OS boxes. In the installed apps Netflix and Youtube stand out, from Google Play we can install any other compatible one. The performance of Android TV 9 is at good level with the basic apps and works well without forced closures of the classic apps, the system moves quite fluid, perhaps somewhat faster than in the Xiaomi Mi Box S. The voice commands with Google Assistant searches work without problems.
- Launcher: We can change launcher but we recommend the official / Android UI render at 1080p.
- Multitasking and access: Multitasking only from the remote control icon / Android notifications in the upper icon.
- Languages and Google Play: All the international Android classics / Google Play installed.
- Check our Android TV User Manual to install classic Android Apps, prevent screen rotation and much more.
- On/Off Controls: Pressing the power off button we go to the standby mode / NOT configurable in settings.
- System version and root: Android TV 9 (32 bit) / The system is NOT root by default / NO menu to control it in settings.
- Support: Ematic and Engel has websites but no info / Firmware is NOT available but with OTA / Custom firmware NOT available.
Network, storage, RAM and ports
The Jetstream 4K TV-Box has eMMC memory for internal storage, it has two USB 2.0 ports and microSD card reader, in this section it is far superior to the Xiaomi Mi Box S. In the network section it has a wireless adapter Wifi ac + Bluetooth 4.2 and 10/100 Ethernet port.
- Storage: Total 8GB – Free 4GB eMMC / NTFS + exFAT compatible / Expandable with a USB memory stick
- RAM: Total 2GB – Free 1GB / DDR3.
- Network: Good speed with the internal wifi antenna / Range 40dBm, good. / Bluetooth ok.
- We recommend reading our Tutorial SAMBA on Android networks if we are going to use files from our network PC.
|USB 2.0||USB 3.0||microSD||SATA|
|Read / Write||21/17 MB/s||–||18/16 MB/s||–|
Power and performance
At the power level the Jetstream 4K has integrated the Amlogic S905X Quad Core SoC with ARM Cortex-A53 processors and in the graphic section a Mali-450 MP5 GPU that is in the low range. This SoC is manufactured in 28nm, has a fairly controlled consumption and temperatures are very low if we demand performance in powerful games.
- Consumption: Off 0.8W / Standby 2W / Basic use 3.5W / Maximum 7W
- Thermals: Minimum 40ºC / Maximum 70ºC / Maintains performance up to 100% / Heat zone on the top / Noise 0db
- Games and emulators: NOT possible to play demanding titles such as PUBG / Emulators up to Wii / NO Vulkan support.
- Controls: Compatible with Gamepads by cable or bluetooth.
VIDEO AND AUDIO TEST
Video playback test
In the video playback aspect the Jetstream 4K features the Amlogic S905X SoC and a VPU compatible with most modern video formats such as h.265 and VP9 with 4K HDR native resolution support and features an app for quality settings of video. We can use players like KODI or PLEX without the slightest problem, ee also have Chromecast that we can use normally with compatible apps. At the audio level we can play DD and DTS sound up to 5.1 through the HDMI port. The only difference from the Xiaomi Mi Box S is that this model does not have an automatic refresh rate for 24p mode.
- Video Settings: NO image quality settings / RGB and SDR / HDMI-CEC available / NO automatic refresh.
- Audio Settings: HDMI and SPDIF up to 5.1 audio / Stereo Jack.
- Media sharing: Chromecast YES / Miracast NO / DLNA with BlubblePnP / Airplay NO.
- LibreELEC: This model is NOT compatible with LibreELEC.
- Tutorials: Install add-on in KODI / Judder effect, how to fix it / Multi-channel audio guide / Correct dark video playback in Android.
|h.264 / 1080i / 8bit||Frameskip|
|h.264 / 1080p / 4K / 8bit||OK|
|h.264 / 1080p / 10bit (anime)||OK|
|h.265 / 1080p / 8bit||OK|
|h.265 / 1080p / 10bit (anime)||Frameskip|
|h.265 / 4K / 8bit||OK|
|h.265 / 4K / 10bit HDR||OK|
|VP9 P1 / 4K / 8bit||OK|
|VP9 P2 / 4K / 10bit HDR||Low Frameskip|
|VP9 P2 / 8K / 10bit HDR||Not compatible|
|Max. Bitrate||100 Mbps = 12,5 MB/s|
- The maximum bitrate depends on the port used to connect or the limitations of SAMBA Networks.
Audio test results
|Formats||DD / DTS 5.1||DD+ / DTS MA||DD True / DTS HR||DD Atmos / DTS X|
|HDMI||OK / OK||PCM / Core||Core||Core*|
|Optical||OK / OK||Core||Core||Core*|
- PCM – Stereo only doing downmix from DD or DTS
- Core – Only the core of the format is played back with what we passed to the Dolby / DTS base system
* Our AV receiver does not support these native formats but we verify that it is played back to 7.1
In our usual tests with streaming services we see how the most popular services work. The Jetstream 4K presents the classic configuration without certificates that limits us in quality in several streaming services, luckily it seems that if it is compatible with most services even if they are in their most basic SD quality
- DRM: Google Widevine L1 / Microsoft Playready / HDCP 2.2
- Certification: Certificado by Netflix, Google and Dolby.
- Tutorial: Change the size of the captions and the mouse pointer on Android / Install Addons in KODI in a simple way
|Streaming service||Video / Audio||Result||Manual|
|Youtube||4K (2160p) / Stereo||OK||–|
|Google Play Movies||HD (720p) / Stereo||OK||–|
|Netflix||4K (2160p) / 5.1 only with HDMI||OK||Netflix on Android|
|HBO||FullHD (1080p) / 5.1||OK||–|
|Amazon Prime Video||4K (2160p) / Stereo||OK, installing the apk||Amazon Prime video on Android|
|DAZN||HD (720p) / Stereo||OK||–|
|IPTV||FullHD (1080p) / Stereo||OK||–|
CONCLUSIONS AND BUY LINKS
After analyzing the Jetstream 4K / Ematic 4K / Engel EN1015K we can say that we are facing a very worthy rival of the Xiaomi Mi Box S, as we have been able to verify the only negative difference in this model is that we do not have an automatic video refresh rate, something that only cinephiles with much mania to the judder effect will notice (jump of frames in horizontal sweep), this is not appreciate for everyone. We also have Chromecast integrated thanks to Google Certification and a microphone to control the device with Google Assistant.
At specification level, these two models are almost identical but this model undoubtedly stands out for its two USB ports, the 10/100 Ethernet connector and a microSD card reader that simplifies expanding its internal storage. As we see we have the same certificates as its rival Xiaomi, we have YouTube and Netflix 4K support, in addition to other powerful streams such as HBO, Amazon Prime Video and DAZN.
In short, the Jetstream 4K / Ematic 4K / Engel EN1015K is without doubt a very good alternative to the Xiaomi Mi Box S if we want to have more connection ports and Ethernet port to ensure our network stability.
Where to buy
- Consult our recommended models to see other alternatives.
Are they a replacement remote control for ematic agt418
Try to contact with amazon or ematic.
Maybe a generic remote with usb can work… something like this
Porque a minha box acende a luz vermelha e não liga ??
Hi, sorry for resurrect this but I wonder if you can help me with a problem.
I can’t connect HardDrive 2Tb ExFat to my EN1015k. Already tried with two EN1015k.
This disk works with my MI Box 3
Do you know any incompatibilities with ex fat format?
Can the USB ports be used as outputs for music?
No, only jack.
Hello! Thanks for the amazing review! I order one and arrived yesterday!
The only problem is my old IPTV list doesn’t work at all in most of the IPTV apps available on PlayStore and i tried most of them so i think the problem is from the Box itself.
Do you know the difference between this one the AGT418 and AGT419??
Looks identical, maybe some internal changes… but no idea.