Since a few days ago we had comments from our users that suddenly have Netflix incompatible in the Google Play store and Android TV-Box device cant install this app directly.
As it seems this is not exclusive to TV-Boxes since even on premium branded phones with the bootloader unlocked or with root access active also suffer from this incompatibility problem. Read this guide to solve this issue with some easy steps.
NETFLIX NOT COMPATIBLE PROBLEM
During the tests we have been able to perform on the Android TV Boxes that we have available Netflix incompatible in Google Play with any TV-Box since it is not a certified device that complies with the regulations imposed by Google for this software, it does not matter whether we are root or not. As we can see if we do a normal Netflix search on Google Play on any TV-Box the application does not appear in the results and only show us apps that have an indirect relationship.
- The exact error message is: Your device isn’t compatible with this version.
The same applies mark as Netflix incompatible to smartphones and tablets that have the bootloader unlocked, something which of course has not liked anything to the international scene. Luckily this limitation is not critical because Netflix itself tells us which is the appropriate solution to continue to see content, something that will never completely limit.
HOW TO INSTALL NETFLIX ON ANY DEVICE
- We are going to need a mouse or fly mouse to control the Netflix without problems.
- Activate the option Settings> Security> “Unknown sources” on our device (the route may vary)
- Apps available to watch Netflix on unofficial device models.
– Netflix v3.9.1 APK for Android 4.0+, up to 854×480.
– Netflix v4.16 b200147 APK for Android 4.4+, maximum compatibility, max resolution. 854×480.
– Netflix v6.26 APK for Android 5.0+ that can run up to 960x540p.
– Netflix last official version, can run up to 960x540p or more.
– Netflix for Android TV App does not work because the DRM protection, we need to use the previous apps.
– 4K and HD resolutions are limited to Netflix certified devices.
- Install the APK once you have finished the download using a File Explorer like X-Plore or Solid explorer (for Android TV devices read this).
- Once installed, we can use it with total normality.
- The application will not be updated from Google Play because it will be marked as not compatible with our device.
- We can check the stream quality playing the title “Test Patterns”
- Fix error 0013 using Netflix on Android devices
- Netflix in HD and 4K for Android, a small guide
- How to install Google Play on Xiaomi devices with Chinese firmware
- How to fix the message “Device not certified by Google” on Android
- Install the Netflix add-on in KODI
- Netflix 4K: how an Android TV-Box can get official compatibility