Realme 4K Smart Google TV Stick is the Realme TV Stick that we present today its analysis or review. A tiny device that has Google TV 11 and offers the necessary certificates to see the most popular streaming platforms in the highest quality.
In the Realme 4K Smart Google TV Stick we find the Amlogic S905Y4 processor and overall hardware is almost identical to the recent Xiaomi TV Stick 4K. We have the Android TV 11 Certified operating system and a bluetooth remote control and integrates a microphone to give orders to the Google Assistant with which we can control this device. We also have Chromecast and the necessary certificates to watch for example Netflix 4K HDR and also supports HDR10+ and Dolby Digital+.
Let’s put this new Realme 4K Smart Google TV Stick to the test in our review and see what it offers us compared to its rivals.
Table of Contents
Product details for Realme 4K Smart Google TV Stick
The Realme 4K Smart Google TV Stick comes in a classic cardboard box with the product image in the upper area. Inside we find the small TV-Stick, remote control, HDMI cable, 5V 1A charger and a first steps manual (have a version without charger).
The Realme 4K Smart Google TV Stick offers a classic design that we have seen in many other Sticks. As connectors we only have the micro USB OTG port and the front HDMI 2.1 male. By default we have a Bluetooth remote control that has a microphone for Google Assistant, at the top we have two status LEDs. We can change some keys using a remapping app for other functions.
This new TV-Stick has a Wifi aC + Bluetooth 5.0 chip and has an internal wifi antenna. The cooling system works very well because it does not lose any performance. We do not have a reset button, updates can only be done through Realme’s online OTA system.
- Remote Control: Basic BT Remote with mic / Compatible with keyboard and mouse / App control for Android TV.
This TV-Stick have a micro USB OTG port that allows us to connect a USB + Ethernet HUB with power connector, this allows us to connect peripherals and expand the internal storage with a USB memory. The speed of this port allows us to reach up to about 220 MB/s and the Android TV system detects perfectly this connector in the settings.
- USB port: It allows us to connect a USB 3.0 HUB + microUSB OTG cable, for peripherals or to add Ethernet.
System and Performance
Environment and Android system
After starting the Realme 4K Smart Google TV Stick boots we find the configuration wizard to start the system. It is possible to adjust the Wi-Fi, define which apps will be installed by default and select the type of content we want to see on the main screen. After the configuration we get Google TV launcher designed to control with the included remote control. The overall performance is quite good and we can move smoothly and quickly between menus and the different apps we have installed.
- Launcher: We can change de the launcher / Android UI rendering at 1080p.
- Multitasking and access: Multitasking NOT available / Notifications the upper icon.
- Languages and Google Play: All the international Android languajes / Google Play for Android TV installed.
- Check our Android TV User Manual to install classic Android Apps, prevent screen rotation and much more.
We take a look at the system data and the options it includes, we also observe what boot options this device allows us. This TV-Box will have updates via OTA to correct possible failures, security updates and bug fixes.
- On/Off Controls: Sleep mode / Shutdown settings available.
- System and root: Android TV 11 (32 bit) / NO rooted / NO root menu / CPU r0p1 (S905Y4) / Model Skyworth HP46BY4.
- Support: Realme OTA support / IMG firmware NOT available, only OTA update.
Network, storage, RAM and ports
The new Realme 4K Smart Google TV Stick has 2 GB of RAM DDR4 memory and for storage we have options with 8 GB eMMC that we can expand with a USB memory. In the network section it has a Wifi ac + Bluetooth 5.0 wireless adapter that as we can see in the tests the results are good. It is possible to use a Gigabit Ethernet adapter using the micro USB OTG 2.0 port but the speed is limited to the speed of this connector, about 220 Mbps.
- Network: Internal Wifi antenna / Range -41 dBm / Link 5G 867 Mbps / Ethernet USB 2.0 / Bluetooth OK.
We found that the performance of the internal storage is very good and moves the system without problems of fluidity, on the other hand the RAM offers better data than other models. The performance of these components is noticeable in the speed at which apps start or in the switching between different sections of the device.
- Storage: Total 3GB – Free 8GB / Expandable with a USB external memory.
- RAM: Total 2GB – Free 1GB / DDR.
- Ports: micro USB 2.0 OTG.
- We recommend reading our Tutorial SAMBA on Android networks if we are going to use files from our network PC.
Power and performance
The engine that drives the Realme 4K Smart Google TV Stick is the Amlogic S905Y4 Quad Core chip with ARM Cortex-A35 processors and in the graphics section a Mali-G31 MP2 GPU which is in the mid-range. This processor is very similar to its brother S905W2 which is somewhat inferior to the S905X3 or the recent S905X4, but nothing very remarkable. As it is possible to appreciate in the results we only have a small improvement in the single-core performance, it is well positioned matching Fire TV-Stick 4K and somewhat below the Googlecast TV. A hardware very similar to that of the Xiaomi TV Stick 4K.
- CPU performance: Min 0.5 GHz / Working 1.2 GHz / Max 2 GHz
- Check our Amlogic S905Y4 SoC Comparison against all SoCs in the sector for more details.
In the games acpect we can run PUBG in medium/low quality and also cloud gaming services like NVIDIA GForce Now or using the APK to install it. In the emulators section we can get at most run some Wii titles, but we will not have problems with 2D games of classic consoles with emulators like Retroarch or using KODI, the full OS EmuELEC is not compatible.
- Games and emulators: Is possible to play titles such as PUBG / YES Vulkan support / Basic emulators in RetroArch or KODI.
- Controls: Compatible with Bluetooth or USB Gamepads.
This SoC is manufactured in 12nm, has a fairly low power consumption and the cooling system maintains very low temperatures in normal use. The processor manages the speeds correctly so as not to heat up excessively.
- Thermals: Min. 40ºC / Working 42 ºC / Max. 63ºC / Maintains performance up to 86% / Heat zone on the top / Noise 0db
- Consumption: Off 0.9W / Min 3W / Working 3.2W / Max. 4.5W
Video and Audio test
Video playback test
On the video playback side the Realme 4K Smart Google TV Stick supports most modern formats such as h.265, VP9 with native 4K@60fps HDR resolution support and is compatible with the recent AV1 codec but only with streaming apps such as YouTube or the internal media player. We have good performance with 10bit color formats with HDR support and also with HDR10+. In the settings we can disable the HDR effect completely by restarting the device.
In the audio section we can play DD and DTS sound up to 5.1 through its HDMI port with support for Dolby Digital+ and DTS 5.1 codecs. The Chromecast system works perfectly with all compatible services including apps like Netflix. It is possible to use players such as KODI or PLEX without the slightest problem by installing them directly from the Android TV store.
- Video Settings: NO image quality settings / HDMI-CEC available, see manual / Automatic refresh rate not available.
- Audio Settings: HDMI 7.1 / NO USB audio settings.
- Color and HDR: 10Bit / RGB / HDR 10+ / HDR on/off option.
- Media sharing: GoogleCast YES / Miracast NO / DLNA with BlubblePnP / Airplay NO.
- LibreELEC: This model is NOT compatible with LibreELEC or CoreELEC.
- Tutorials: Install add-on in KODI / Judder effect, how to fix it / Multi-channel audio guide / Fix dark video playback.
- We recommend reading the Setup Guide of our TV to get the best picture quality.
Video and audio results
|h.264 / 1080i / 8bit||OK|
|h.264 / 1080p / 4K / 8bit||OK|
|h.264 / 1080p / 10bit (anime)||Frameskip (SW)|
|h.265 / 1080p / 8bit||OK|
|h.265 / 1080p / 10bit (anime)||OK|
|h.265 / 4K@24fps / 8bit||OK|
|h.265 / 4K@60fps / 10bit HDR||OK|
|VP9 P1 / 4K@24fps / 8bit||OK|
|VP9 P2 / 4K@60fps / 10bit HDR||OK|
|VP9 P2 / 8K@60fps / 10bit HDR||OK|
|AV1 / 4K@24fps / 10bit||Only in streaming apps such as Youtube and internal player.|
|Max. Bitrate||100 Mbps = 12,5 MB/s.|
- The maximum bitrate depends on the port used to connect or the limitations of SAMBA Networks.
- SW = does not have hardware acceleration and may have have some frameskip in very heavy files.
|Native||Dolby 5.1 – Plus / DTS 5.1|
|Core||Dolby – HD – Atmos / DTS MA – HR – X|
- PCM – Stereo only with downmix from DD or DTS
- Core – Only the core of the format is played back with what we passed to the Dolby or DTS base system / More info
We pass several tests on streaming services to check how the most popular services work. The Realme 4K Smart Google TV Stick offers maximum compatibility with all current streaming services. As we have checked Netflix allows us to watch 4K content with HDR10+ and Dolby Digital+ certificates. We also have Disney+ without sound problems and Amazon Prime video or HBO Max in good quality installable from Google Play if we look for it.
- DRM: Google Widevine L1 / Playready / CENC Clearkey.
- Audio/Video certification: DTS 5.1 – Dolby Digital+ / HDR10+.
- Tutorials: Change the size of the captions and the mouse pointer on Android / Install Addons in KODI in a simple way
|Streaming service||Calidad / Audio|
|Youtube||4K (2060p) / 5.1|
|Google Play Movies||4K (2060p) / 5.1|
|Netflix||4K (2060p) / 7.1 / Netflix Guide|
|HBO Max||4K (2060p) / 5.1 / HBO Max Guide|
|Disney+||4K (2060p) / 7.1 / Disney+ Guide|
|Apple TV+||4K (2060p) / 7.1 / Apple TV+ Guide|
|Prime Video||4K (2060p) / 7.1 / Prime Video Guide|
|DAZN||HD (720p) / Stereo|
|IPTV||FullHD (1080i) / Stereo|
Conclusions and buy links for Realme 4K Smart Google TV Stick
Once we have tested the Realme 4K Smart Google TV Stick we can say that we are facing an Android TV Stick that offers good results for its price. Thanks to the SoC Amlogic S905Y4 we can move any application, quite powerful games, emulators up to 16/32bit, IPTV apps or make use of KODI where we can play 4K HDR video without problems. It is also compatible with all streaming apps in high quality, plays without problems Netflix 4K or other streaming services with HDR10+ and Dolby Digital+ system, it does not have Dolby Vision and Atmos.
In the connectivity section the Realme 4K Smart Google TV Stick has a Wifi aC + BT 5.0 adapter with pretty good speeds, but if we want to connect it via Ethernet we need a micro USB OTG cable. This Stick as we have found does not get very hot in continuous use. The operating system is Android TV 11 Certificated, which is very stable and moves very smoothly, also has Chromecast and is controlled with a Bluetooth remote with integrated microphone.
As we have seen the new Realme 4K Smart Google TV Stick is a TV-Stick with Android TV 11 is an interesting and economical option. A device that allows us to play all paid streaming services and use Android on our TV.